" In case I forget to tell you later, I had a really good time tonight."
- Vivian, Pretty Woman

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Nice Buns & Sunday Sunburns.

This past weekend was a nice one. Friday night, One M & I did an impromptu drinks after work. We started at The Hudson and joined the all the crazy Canucks who were intensely watching the Olympic Hockey game. We decided to just observe & cheer on the Canadians rather then the hockey players. We shuffled over to Marix (which I have to say really has terrible food) to grab some more cerveza & guac. And more cervezas.
Saturday was a day of errands. Not just the typical Target, dry cleaning, cat food day of errands though. This was a preparedness errand day. I started to put together our earthquake kit. And if you live in SoCal, you should really jump on the "I'm going to be ready" bandwagon too. Check out this site & try to knock off a handful of the must-haves every other day or weekend. Be ready. And maybe even decide to pick-up some Girl Scout cookies while at a construction warehouse store. WHO DOES THAT?
Saturday night, One M treated us to one of his great meals (courtesy of Wholefoods this time).  JP, One M, Dave, Joe, Double M & I enjoyed some "Cowboy" burgers. Burgers with a kick and spurs. Sunday started with a nice long brunch with JP... then a few hours sitting out by the pool (sorry East Coasters & France, I know that hurts to hear). I have bookclub Tuesday night & until Sunday, I really hadn't read much at all of The Vagrants by Yiyun Li. By the end of Sunday, I had almost finished the book & walked away with quite a sunkissed forehead & nose (and maybe a bit of a farmer's burn on my arms too).

The highlight however, was reading the first draft of Double M's new pilot. It was beyond brilliant, touching, evolved & better than 99% of the crap I typically read. Goodonya Double M.

No comments:

Post a Comment