" In case I forget to tell you later, I had a really good time tonight."
- Vivian, Pretty Woman

Monday, March 1, 2010

Award Season Traffic.

 
For those who are not familiar with the Los Angeles traffic laws Awards Season traffic, you should all say "No, but I don't wanna be." I know, I know, my friends back in Massachusetts think it's the coolest thing ever to see something like the Academy Awards being setup or a real red carpet Movie opening, but it really can put a wrench in most Angelenos commutes. My commute brings me through Hollywood everyday, which is fine... unless of course the Oscars are happening... or Ryan Seacrest American Idol is at the Kodak... or The Hollywood Bowl is having a show (typically the classic rock concerts create the WORST back-ups)... or an animated film is premiering at the Mann Chinese.... Honestly, I really am not trying to complain, it will be cool in retrospect (years from now when I reminisce) & it comes with living in Los Angeles.
One wish dream it-would-have-completed-my-life old movie I wish caused my traffic jams everyday would have been Pretty Woman. If it would have taken me over 4 hours to get to my office, I'd be totally OK with that. I mean, to see that movie being filmed would have been beyond-the-beyond. For those of you who don't know me, it's my FAVORITE MOVIE EVER. Like ever.

Shop assistant: May I help you?
Vivian: I'm just checkin' things out.
Shop assistant: Are you looking for something in particular?
Vivian: No. Well, yeah. Something... conservative.
Shop assistant: Yes.
Vivian: You got nice stuff.
Shop assistant: Thank you.
Vivian: How much is this?
Shop assistant: I don't think this would fit you.
Vivian: Well, I didn't ask if it would fit. I asked how much it was.
Shop assistant: How much is this, Marie?
Marie: It's very expensive
Shop assistant: It's very expensive.
Vivian: Look, I got money to spend in here.
Shop assistant: I don't think we have anything for you. You're obviously in the wrong place.
Marie: Please leave.

Okay, I must work now. Happy Monday.

- movie still courtesy of Touchstone Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment